Saturday, September 01, 2012

Paul Simon and Will

Don't know why I never thought of posting this link, but here it is -- a link to my son's (Will's) post on the night we went to the Paul Simon concert in OKC.

In 2010, just a few months after he had graduated from college, for Christmas Will got me a really nice Starbucks coffee mug (which I still use).  But in 2011, he got me a ticket to see Paul Simon.  And one for Mendy (Will's mom and my wife of 28 years), too.  I felt very good that he was gainfully employed.  And you can see why we're so proud of him and his sweet wife Holly.

Not only is it a blog post, but there is some one-of-a-kind video, which Will took when he was about 6 feet from Paul as he and the band did an impromptu set in the lobby before the actual concert.  Wow.  It was a grand sing-a-long-with-Paul on some of his older hits.  We all knew the words.  We all joined him.  Probably everyone cried.  It was incredible.  I may never go to another concert again because no concert experience could ever match this one.

So, if you get a chance, read his post, watch the videos.  Happy Saturday.

No comments: